The Somerville Police Department will continue to accept and process renewal applications by mail or drop off. Renewal applicant packets can be mailed or dropped off at:Somerville Police Substation1114 BroadwaySomerville, MA 02144
All packets MUST be in a 9 x 12 manilla envelope and contain the following (click here for printable checklist):
- Fully completed, signed application.
- Email address wirtten on top of the first page of the application.
- Copy of safety certificate if renewing for the first time with the Somerville Police Department.
- Copy of your Massachusetts driver's license.
- Copy of your LTC or FID, if renewing with Somerville for the first time.
- Money order in the amount of $100 made out to the City of Somerville. Personal checks or cash are NOT accepted. Applicants over the age of 70 are free.
- Proof of residency in the form of:
- Utility or credit card bill with address (financial information should be redacted)
- Rental/Lease agreement
- Voter registration card