Winter will be here before you know it, so now is a good time to get ready for another snow season in Somerville.
Here are a few things you can do now to make sure you're prepared when the flakes start to fall.
1. Sign up for City Alerts to get notifications of snow emergencies.
2. Get familiar with the other places we share snow emergency information like the City website, Facebook, and Twitter.
3. Find out where you can park in your neighborhood.
This year is a park even snow season so unless signage says otherwise, you need to park on the even side of the street during snow emergencies.
Starting this year, school lots will not be open for snow emergency parking, but municipal lots will be available.
4. Sign up for the snow shoveling program. Whether you're a teen looking to make extra money this winter or a senior who wants to hire someone to dig you out, now is the time to apply for the shoveling program.
5. Visit our snow website for even more winter and snow emergency information.