Question:  What do I do if a car/van/motorcycle is blocking my driveway?

If a vehicle is parked at your driveway or is blocking the driveway you should call the SPD Non-Emergency Help Line (617) 625-1600 Ext. 7250.


Question: What do I do if there is an abandoned car on our street?

If you believe there is an abandoned car on your street, call the SPD Non-Emergency Help LIne (617)-625-1600 Ext. 7250.


Question: The traffic light on our street is not working, what should I do?

You can submit a request for the repair or installation of a new streetlight by dialing Somerville 311, outside of Somerville (617)-666-3311. You can also submit your request through their mobile app


Question: The power line on our street is down and blocking the road, what should I do?

Call 911 for a downed power line causing a life-threatening situation or other immediate danger.


Question: How do I appeal a handwritten ticket issued by the Somerville Police?

Handwritten tickets issued by Somerville Police may not be available for appeal online or by phone but can always be appealed by mail or in person at the Parking Department. Contact 311 with any questions or Covid-19 Restrictions.

You can also appeal your ticket by mail. Send a copy of the ticket (along with a signed operator statement and any supporting documents) to Parking Department, 133 Holland Street, Somerville, MA 02144. A decision will be mailed to you within 4 to 6 weeks.

If you choose to appeal your ticket by mail, there will be no further right of appeal unless you have additional evidence to produce within 10 days of the hearing decision. If you wish to speak to a hearing officer in person, please wait for a hearing notice to be generated. As long as you attend your hearing, you will not be responsible for any late fees incurred. Once you receive your hearing date, if you are not able to attend, please call 311 to reschedule.